It's Monday. And on most Mondays, like you I imagine, I feel slightly more vulnerable. Toes and heels blistered from egg shell walking. With soul and heart ever more permeable. More soft. More amenable to injuries. A little less shielded. Breakable. Fragile. Cracked. Broken. Much like solidified clay. On any given Monday.
But He reminds me of a promise. In this imperfect, gray-pallored existence of mine. That in it, He's placed a treasure. A treasure that belongs to Him. That is Him. Nestled nicely in the cracks and spaces in this jar of hardened mud. In my jar of clay.
And when I feel pressed and pressured from every side He speaks in,
"You will not be crushed".
When confusion and perplexity sits atop my synapses He whispers,
"You will not be in despair".
When taunts and jabs from the enemy enter in He holds tightly to both my hands and speaks,
"I will not abandon you".
For His treasure sits in this jar of clay and promises to endure with me forever; and even on a Monday.
Know today that in you lies a treasure. One that shines brightly, that is invaluable, that will not forsake you, that is promised to you as His child for today and a million more Mondays.
"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body"
~2 Corinthians 4: 7-10

Christy I love these scriptures. At 65 I have a lot more cracks then I did say 30 years ago...this frail frame some times groans to remove my earthly dress for that heavenly garment.
ReplyDeleteLike all thing with God, all in His good time. So for now I am will use my time to encourage you sweet wise hearted woman to press on, take courage...He loves to use cracked pots. Blessings.
Christy, what beautiful wisdom has come from your "solidified clay mondays". I understand oh, so well. Your wisdom and your writing is precious. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThere's a treasure in me in this jar of clay: Jesus. What a beautiful reminder this morning. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHe is the treasure, I am the clay, cracks and all. Thanks for this!
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely - thank you.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the beautiful reminder that He will never abandon me! I so needed that.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post.
ReplyDeleteLove this, Christy! You are a beautiful writer and this is a BEAUTIFUL message!
ReplyDelete