I haven’t been a writer long enough to know the tricks of
the trade when it comes to writer’s block.
I imagine it’s a bit like sports psychology. Breaking the silence.
Bringing forth voice. I’m not sure who or what sealed my mouth shut and cuffed
my hands. The worst part about it is what the heart does. When dreams lay dormant. Speechless. Stifled.
I’m blaming it on summer.
Rest-filled days. Worshipping sun
and patio decks. Carefree reverie.
Scorched skin and sand dipped toes. Adventures at dusk to park slides and swing
sets. Mastering art of bike rides and
ice cream drips.
It’s easy to find distractions, isn’t it? To live with eyes shut, heart safe, and
valley days. Preparing for mountain
climbs is daunting. Costly and fear-filled.
A welcome mat greets us to bask in the sunshine of the valley, where the
terrain is smooth, and the wind blows ever so softly.
But, He calls us to step out. To step up, and move mountains.
To peel off tape and speak. His journey for you lays within. His guidance and presence in your valley
seasons, and on your mountain climb is real and accessible.
Rise. Trust. Speak. The world needs you. You've got Someone who cares about this beyond your wildest dormant dreams.
~He cared for them with a true heart and led them with skillful hands.
Psalm 78:72

No comments:
Post a Comment