One thing, I believe, every little girl has in common is the sense of wonderment and awe when handed their very first diary. I started one at the age of 8 or 9, and continue to keep up this tradition during different seasons, both high and low, in my adult life. I do not know where men stand on this particular issue, but I have a couple of male friends who find this activity just as significant in their XY chromosomal existence. Something of which by the way, I have about as much understanding of as landing on the moon.There is something very powerful in the recording of one’s life. One’s story. The inner thoughts and longings. Celebrated successes and battles, lost or still waging. It’s satisfying and gratifying to know how far you’ve come. The progress made, the goals attained.
But, bear with me, if you will for a moment as I take off the rose colored glasses and be completely frank. There are things in each of our lives, that like a record player stuck on a particularly bad tune, play. Over. And over. And over. There are times when I glance back at journal entries from long ago and see unanswered prayers and struggles that I may as well have photocopied and plastered in preparation for the following year. The meandering and perusing back through my written history can, if viewed with the wrong lenses, be rather depressing.
Like you, I’ve got a couple of stuck recorded songs. Battles I’ve fought and lost. Others I’m still slugging away at. Mountains I’m still scaling. There have been times on my climb I’ve been badly injured, and had to take a break to recoup from the rocky terrain. There have been others, where the weather has not co-operated with my intentions, leaving deathly frostbites and me to breathe in air so thin I’ve been unable to maintain focus. Other times, the climb has felt too discouraging and I instead sat nearby in my tent, cursing the steepness and planning my nearest descend.
Are you climbing? Have you been on this particular mountain for what seems like forever and a day? If you are hanging by your rope, overwhelmed with the distance ahead, please stop and take in the mountain air and hear me on this:
God has not forgotten you. He cares about your climb beyond what you can imagine. In fact, He's anchoring the rope awaiting your presence at the top. And as your climbing, He's also there beside you, no matter how long it takes, or regardless of the seemingly false starts you've had. He wants to bring you to completion, and this includes refining your character and your mind. Your heart's desires, are there with you too, on that mountain climb. He knows them. He's given them to you. Do you think then, he will leave you there hanging without bringing you to the pinnacle of his beautiful grand majestic view?
We are all on that mountain. Sweating. Struggling. Fearful. Tired. Climbing. We have a Beloved travelling partner with us on our climb, who shelters us from cold and windy days, nurses our injuries when jagged edges knock us down, and who cheers us on and celebrates our victory when we reach the summit. He will not leave or forsake you on your challenge. He promises it so.
God has not forgotten you. He cares about your climb beyond what you can imagine. In fact, He's anchoring the rope awaiting your presence at the top. And as your climbing, He's also there beside you, no matter how long it takes, or regardless of the seemingly false starts you've had. He wants to bring you to completion, and this includes refining your character and your mind. Your heart's desires, are there with you too, on that mountain climb. He knows them. He's given them to you. Do you think then, he will leave you there hanging without bringing you to the pinnacle of his beautiful grand majestic view?
We are all on that mountain. Sweating. Struggling. Fearful. Tired. Climbing. We have a Beloved travelling partner with us on our climb, who shelters us from cold and windy days, nurses our injuries when jagged edges knock us down, and who cheers us on and celebrates our victory when we reach the summit. He will not leave or forsake you on your challenge. He promises it so.
~For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need~
Philippians 4:13
Great Encouragement Christy!
ReplyDeleteBLessings
Shari